Child custody, visitation and parenting time issues can be among the most gut-wrenching experiences for parents. Whether you’re going through the divorce process or are an unmarried parent, hardly anything can seem more important than having a say in how and when you spend time with your child.
For years, Catherine M. Goodrow has addressed those parental concerns while helping create plans that are in the best interest of the child. As a Certified Family Law Specialist in California, Ms. Goodrow can help you understand your child custody rights and push for you to retain a healthy parental relationship with your child.
Taking A Compassionate Approach
California courts tend to award child custody based on the best interests of the child. Typically, this means considering the health and safety of the child, as well as the stability and continuity of the existing parental relationships.
However, establishing these guidelines can be difficult, particularly if there’s a disagreement between the parents. Our law firm can help you answer any questions you may have, including:
- How do I showcase evidence of my relationship with my child?
- How can I show that it’s in the child’s best interests to be in my custody?
- Will I have to go to court to establish my custody rights?
- What happens if there’s a disagreement between the parents over custody matters?
- What if the co-parent wishes to relocate?
These are just a few of the many concerns that parents face in Orange County. We can help you figure out your custody options, as they relate to both physical and legal custody.
We Can Answer Your Questions
We believe in connecting clients with a trusted, experienced lawyer. Call us at 714-939-1420, or use the contact form to schedule a consultation and begin the process.
Related Practice Areas
What We Do
- Divorce And Dissolution of Marriage
- Property Division
- Spousal Support/Alimony
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Post-Divorce Modification
- Premarital and Postmarital Agreements
- Paternity & Parentage Actions
- Cohabitation Issues